AAHS Image Library
The AAHS Image Library contains over 1 million images of American aircraft (and some foreign) ranging from the early days of flight to current aircraft. Civilian, Commercial, Military and Research aircraft are well represented in this collection. Represented here are a portion of this collection. If you are looking for something specific and can't find it in this catalogy, send the webmaster (through CONTACT US under the ABOUT tab and we see if we can help.
Copies of these photographs are available to help in project research or to add to your personal collection. Copies may be ordered by downloading, filling out and returning the following document [PRINT ORDER FORM].
This online database reprsents the most current listing of catalogged images.
Search (250,000 records & 191,201 images - March 8, 2022)
Or, looking for a specific aircraft (enter ALL are PART of the registration/id number)
- You may search on any field or combination of fields (available search fields are shown in the form above).
- Wildcards (%) are permissible where you only partial information. Example: NC%234 will return NC234Y, NC9234, NC12345, NC2347.
- Caution using just the Manufacturer or Model. For example, you could end up with a list of a couple of thousand images by selecting North American and P-51. And, North American by itself would be huge! Be as specific as possible to avoid overly large lists.
- The search algorithm is not case sensitive, i.e. North and NORTH are equivalent in the search string. For civil and military aircraft registration numbers, you may need to search on only the numeric string (no N, NC, NX), with and without the USAF "dash" (58-0345, 80345). There are inconsistencies in how these numbers have been noted over the years.
- An example in brackets [ ] shown below each field